Agreement with the Central Mining Institute
The agreements were signed by: Director of the Central Mining Institute - Polish Research Institute, prof. Stanisław Prusek, CEO of Sevenet S.A. Rafał Chomicz and General Manager of Cisco in Poland Przemysław Kania and General Manager of IBM for Poland, the Baltic States and Ukraine Marcin Gajdziński.
Central Mining Institute - National Research Institute (GIG-PIB) is a Polish research and development institution that operates in the mining and energy sectors. It was founded in 1945 and is based in Katowice. GIG-PIB is one of the most important mining institutes in Poland and plays an important role in research and development in the mining and energy sectors.
Our experience in cooperation with the energy, railway and banking and financial sectors in the field of cybersecurity will allow us to strengthen the security of critical infrastructure, in this case of companies operating in the coal industry and its surroundings.
The goals that the parties have set for themselves under the agreement include:
- Increasing cybersecurity competences in the field of threat awareness, attack methods in cyberspace and legal, organizational and technical skills to counteract threats in ICT systems and networks,
- Identification of vulnerabilities and threats, exchange of information and development of methods for reporting and handling incidents, including organization and participation in exercises,
- Developing recommendations regarding the configuration of devices, software and services in a way that maximizes the effectiveness of security mechanisms,
- Preparing and conducting cybersecurity assessment and certification of solutions and services,
- Promoting innovative solutions and projects in the field of cybersecurity and developing, testing and implementing new solutions,
- Providing technology in order to obtain mutual benefits such as: information on current threats and the latest solutions in the field of cybersecurity, the possibility of conducting research projects to develop new technologies and methods of preventing cyber threats, sharing existing technology in order to implement and use products (while maintaining applicable license provisions), cooperation in the implementation and testing of cybersecurity technologies in the environment of entities included in ISAC at GIG,
- Creating educational campaigns and taking actions to increase awareness of cybersecurity among employees, members of ISAC - GIG and other clients through postgraduate studies in the field of cybersecurity in IT and OT networks.